Work here. Play here.
Do you have a passion for the outdoors and working with great people? Does kayaking on Lake Superior, canoeing in the BWCA, or hiking alongside North Shore rivers and streams to fly fish sound like a good day’s work? If so, we want to hear from you!
Larsmont Cottages is seeking full-time and part-time, seasonal Recreation Specialists to help create lasting memories for our guests through our Odyssey Resorts Experience Program.
The role of all recreation staff includes the responsibilities of sharing area recreation information with guests, guiding outdoor recreation tours, maintaining equipment used for tours, facilitating onsite activities and special events, and preparation and clean-up of the guided tours, activities, and events.
Guided by our Values and the HEART philosophy: We will, each day, brighten the lives of our Guests and enrich the lives of our Employees.
We offer competitive pay based on experience along with resort discounts, employer-sponsored certifications, and tons of fun with a great team!
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or in progress
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong willingness to learn
- Passion for the outdoors and sharing it with others
- Must have at least 1 year of work, volunteer, or extra-curricular experience serving people of varying ages
- Must have at least 2 years of personal or professional experience in the outdoors (canoeing, sea kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, fishing, etc.)
- Wilderness First Aid and CPR Certification* or higher
- Completion of the ACA-Approved Paddle Sports Safety Education Course*
- ACA Certification in canoeing, coastal kayaking*, and/or stand up paddle boarding
- Work experience in outdoor recreation and/or outdoor education (e.g., naturalist, guiding, outdoor instructor, etc.)
*Offered by Odyssey Resorts during training.
Position starts mid-May and runs through October 2022 (there may be flexibility with end date).
If you have pride in what you do and want to be a part of an incredible team, this is the job for you!
About Larsmont Cottages
ABOUT LARSMONT COTTAGES: Opened in 2006 this is the newest family resort on the North Shore. Inspired by traditional Scandinavian fishing villages, these two and three bedroom cottages are tucked away in 40 acres of private woods with 1300 feet of Lake Superior shoreline. Its Ledge Rock Grille offers the only Chef’s Table on the Scenic Highway and also features an open kitchen format and wood-fired oven.
Odyssey Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law, including, but not limited to, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.