The Revenue Manager is responsible for driving top-line revenue, creating revenue-growth strategies, and oversees the implementation of revenue management efforts for multiple North Shore resorts.
This dynamic and strategic team member will identify market trends and analyze performance data and resort demand to set winning rate and inventory strategies.
The Revenue Manager works closely with Corporate Leadership, On-Property Resort Leadership, and the Marketing Team and is in constant communication to align on pricing, market segmentation management, seasonality management, and accurate forecasting to ensure achievement of resort revenue goals.
- Update and manage selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels and reservation sources (onsite, third-party reservation providers, websites, GDS, etc.). Optimize top line revenue by analyzing and forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies.
- Develops guidelines for managing hotels inventory and pricing strategies to maximize the revenue received from each type of business.
- Work with the resort leadership, Chief Operating Officer and marketing team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both Rooms and Food & Beverage operations.
- Research, develop and implement Revenue Management programs, promotions, events and other new initiatives at the resorts.
- Conduct ongoing competitor price and product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning and product offering relative to competition. Actively participate in all pricing decisions for transient and group segments.
- Responsible for conducting weekly Revenue Optimization meetings with Resort Teams.
- Contribute to the financial success of the resorts via participation in annual budgeting and sales and marketing planning process.
- Generate and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels.
- Maintain historical statistical data from all distribution channels, in all market segments.
- Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in both availability and price.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of complex and strategic experience in hotel or resort revenue management (experience managing multiple properties desirable).
- Strong understanding of inventory/rate and distribution landscapes.
- Working knowledge of resort rate/inventory systems, including: yield management, online traction process (OLTP), and GDS system familiarity preferred.
- Strong ability to work with sets of data, identify trends, and alter course of action based on findings.
- Strategic thinker that can create successful road maps to achieving resort revenue goals.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Experience with Resort Data Processing (RDP) and Revinate systems a plus.
- Must be capable of traveling to the corporate office in Duluth, MN and to the family of resorts on a monthly basis at a minimum. Additional travel may be required depending on the needs of the business.