Work here. Play here.
Join the team at Odyssey Resorts! In addition to delivering exceptional service, we have a ton of fun here.
We have programs unique to Odyssey Resorts that will help to make your career with us a lasting one. Here are just a few:
- Dedicated, purposeful leadership that embraces the Hospitality from the HEART and Odyssey Values culture.
- Generous employee referral program (receive up to $1,200 for each friend that you refer and joins our team!).
- Top-of-the-line employee assistance program. We know that life happens.
- Odyssey Leadership Development Programs
- Employee newsletter. We are one big family and we care about what’s going on.
- Management retreats
- Awesome benefits such as health insurance, vacation time, resort discounts, 401K, and more (for eligible employees).
- Regular interactive performance reviews. We know that feedback matters.
- Unbelievably beautiful area. Who wouldn’t want to live here? donorthshore.com.
Guided by our Values and the HEART philosophy: We will, each day, brighten the lives of our Guests and enrich the lives of our Employees.
The Front Desk Manager will manage the resorts Front Desk operation by the implementation of high-quality services offered to guests.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have 2+ years of hotel or resort front desk management experience.
- Be passionate about providing excellent customer service and has proven experience teaching others the same.
- Be highly energetic and motivated.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written).
- Be available to work days, weekends, nights, and some holidays as business needs dictate.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day Front Desk operation and generate, through proper supervision of team, new programs which result in an increase level of guest satisfaction, operational excellence, and increased occupancy and projected revenue levels.
- Train Front Desk staff utilizing tools such as the monitoring of the property management system (RDP) and by providing consistent feedback.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and coaching Front Desk personnel.
- Working with Marketing Department to design and implement lodging specials.
- Manage gift shop sales and operations, if applicable.
About Guest Services / Front Desk Manager
Inspired by traditional Scandinavian fishing villages, these two and three bedroom cottages are tucked away in 40 acres of private woods with 1300 feet of Lake Superior shoreline. Its Ledge Rock Grille offers the only Chef’s Table on the Scenic Highway and also features an open kitchen format and wood-fired oven.
Odyssey Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law, including, but not limited to, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.